NHS SBS Construction Consultancy Services 3: What is it?
The NHS SBS Construction Consultancy Services 3 framework arrives in 2021 for applications and it's a big one! Here's what we know.
A framework we’ve been waiting on for a long time is the NHS SBS Construction Consultancy Services 3 framework. This third iteration of a great route to the health sector, and with one version currently Live until March 2022, we’re going to be getting more information about v3 very soon.
What is the NHS SBS Construction Consultancy 3 framework for?
The scope for the next version of the framework is yet to be confirmed. So far, we’ve only had a Prior Information Notice released by NHS SBS. This gives more outline on what they plan to have in scope, as well as notification that they’ve been carrying out supplier engagement. During a recent supplier engagement event, we had confirmation of 16 Lots:
- Lot 1 – Architectural Services
- Lot 2 – Project Management
- Lot 3 – Civil & Structural Engineering
- Lot 4 – Quantity Surveying
- Lot 5 – Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Services
- Lot 6 – Principal Designer Services
- Lot 7 – Multidisciplinary Services (new)
- Lot 8 – Building Surveyors
- Lot 9 – Healthcare Planning (new)
- Lot 10 – Modular Building & Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) (new)
- Lot 11 – Digitalising Construction
- Lot 12 – Health & Safety
- Lot 13 – Environmental Consultancy
- Lot 14 – Net Zero energy efficiency & carbon management services (new)
- Lot 15 – Fire Engineering
- Lot 16 – Ancillary Services
So, there’s a lot planned to be included in the framework, but we’ll get full confirmation of this when the Contract Notice drops.
You can find the PIN here for more information.
When does NHS SBS Construction Consultancy 3 open for applications?
We’re expecting to see the framework open for applications on 1st November 2021, when the Contract Notice is released. What we know about the upcoming third iteration of NHS SBS Construction Consultancy Services 3 comes from the released PIN, including this timeline. So it is subject to change.
The current iteration that is Live is scheduled to close for good on 22nd March 2022. With these frameworks being heavy in application – there’s a lot of work to do to get listed – the window will have to open soon to give enough time for submissions and evaluation.
What should suppliers do now?
In short: Get ready. Make sure you’ve got the teams prepared that are required to complete applications like this. They’re complex and very competitive. Meaning suppliers will have to hit weightings to be even in the running.